Friday, May 14, 2010

Have any of you ladies noticed stronger finger nails since taking folic acid.?

So my partner and i have been trying to conceive for 2 months now.





I started taking Folic acid, and Calcium 2 months ago.





I have noticed in the last 3 weeks that my finger nails are STRONG (not breaking or peeling). I have had weak nails my whole life.





Do you think this is due to the folic acid or the calcium or a mixture of both? What an added extra bonus.





Can i take folic acid for the rest of my life? or is it a bit dangerous?Have any of you ladies noticed stronger finger nails since taking folic acid.?
PreNatal vitamins will definitely effect your hair, skin, nails etc.


I was also taking PreNatals for 3 weeks and then stopped. I could see when my nails grew out longer that there was a distinct difference in my nail bed %26amp; nail strength.


You are perfectly safe taking PreNatals as a daily vitamin for as long as you want. (Otherwise how could it be safe for pregnant women taking it for almost a year?)


I've heard it suggested that all women should take PreNatal vitamins as their Daily MultiVitamin (as long as it's safe %26amp; unless contraindicated by their Doctor.)


I'm going back to taking them too!





Good Luck in your TTC efforts! Baby dust to all of us!


:)Have any of you ladies noticed stronger finger nails since taking folic acid.?
Folic acid is a B vitamin. It may help with hair growth and it may help with nails. It does many things for the body. Yes you can take it the rest of your life. It is best taken with its' counsins, the other B vitamins. They work best together. Get a B Complex at your nearest Vitamin World store. If you want other supplements that will help with nail growth, try the herb Horsetail. Or take a good prenatal vitamin. They are necessary for any woman trying to conceive, and a good choice for a woman, pregnant or not.
When i was pregnat and taking the vitamins my hair was better, nails grow faster and stronger. Id say its more from the calcium but then again i drink tons of whole milk and i dont have the luck anymore so it could be both. Id say look that up on the web.


I know penty of woman who take prenatals just for the benefits of better hair and nails. I think there is more daily needs met with prenatals vs day to day vitamins. I could be wrong.


Hope i was somewhat helpful :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment