Monday, May 10, 2010

Why did some of my finger nails turn completely (or almost) white right after taking off acrylic nails?

For the first time about 8 months ago, I got my nails done professionally (acrylic tips). I ripped them off a little after a month with no chemicals. They were very weak and thin for a while and then they started to hurt like a bruise and then eventually some of the nails turned all white and some half way. They are very tender to the touch and have been this way for a while. Is this a deficiency or did I do this? What can I do to get my nails back to normal?Why did some of my finger nails turn completely (or almost) white right after taking off acrylic nails?
Generally, nails become white due to deficiency of calcium. I think you should consult your physician, if this is the case. If indeed calcium is your problem, you should consider diet with high calcium like milk, vegetables or supplements. For ladies it is important to take adequate amount of calcium as it can lead to osteoporosis:


http://www.knowabouthealth.com/risk-fact鈥?/a>Why did some of my finger nails turn completely (or almost) white right after taking off acrylic nails?
I'm not sure what this might be as I'm no doctor, but have you tried going to your local pharmacy and getting some nail strengthening moisturizer? Or something similar that you put on like nail varnish/polish? I use a moisturizer sometimes, I think it's by skin so sensitive or skin so soft or something like that, the logo has 3 'S's on and it's pink, it says for hands and nails/. Maybe you could try that. Or if the problem persists just make a doctors appointment, they should be able to tell you what's wrong and prescribe something good =)


Good Luck =)

No comments:

Post a Comment