Friday, May 14, 2010

One of my rats won't leave my finger nails alone!?

I feel really bad for one of my rats. She doesn't get to crawl on me very much because she won't leave my finger nails alone for 2 minutes! I have short natural nails and she has lots to chew on in her cage. She runs on her wheel constantly and when she does come to the cage door, it's either for a treat or to bite my nails. I would like to know if there is a way I can break her out of this habit as the other one doesn't do it at all.One of my rats won't leave my finger nails alone!?
I have one that does this too. I broke her of the biting habit by spraying my hands/fingers with bitter apple, its a spray that usually breaks animals of chewing on things including people! You can buy it almost anywhere, especially pet stores, or even walmart. Not too expensive, maybe 6 dollars or so. Try it and see how that goes!One of my rats won't leave my finger nails alone!?
I'd think she could be trained to not do that. When my ratties do something I don't want them to I yell ';no!'; in a loud firm voice.





They do seem to learn not to repeat said action, believe it or not. Smart little buggers.
Be careful she doesn't get out. Rats can chew through concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment