Monday, May 10, 2010

Why are my finger nails turning weird? Please help, I am scared!?




Ok for the past two months or so, I have been having SEVERE anxiety and panic attacks, and they are finally starting to get better. But I have noticed that my fingernails are turning weird! The moon on my left thumb nail is bluish and both thumb nails have these weird humps in them and are deep red. I have asked two different doctors, and they both tell me its nothing to worry about, but I've read that it can be lung trouble, heart trouble, and a lot of other things! But all the docs I've been to said I am healthy except for my anxiety and I have sort of high blood pressure! (Which both are now being treated!) I am getting worried that my nails are indicating a serious problem, and I am not addressing it! Should I keep asking about it, or should I just not worry about it? Could it be from stress and anxiety? Please help, I am really worried!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! P.S. I am only 24, I am VERY overweight (I am currently on a strict diet and exercise regime), but I am basically healthy!


Why are my finger nails turning weird? Please help, I am scared!?
Hey love,





Congratulations on making your first steps towards becoming a healthier human being, i know it's hard, but you can do it!





As for the fingernails, i would be interested to know what type of anxiety you have. If you have health anxiety, and regularly worry about health issues, then maybe the anxiety is just making you see things differently.


Some people develop things in their nails, such as white spots,which grow out.


However, if you have consulted two doctors and they have both assured you there isn't a problem, i would leave it at that.


They know well enough to make an accurate diagnosis.


Why are my finger nails turning weird? Please help, I am scared!?
Congratulations on starting a healthy lifestyle, I know it's not easy, been there too many times - now sticking to it at last.





I think the doctors should have investigated things further, especially when all this worry is not good for you.





Your nails can show signs when things are not right - I think you should keep going back until you get tests to show if there is something not right.





Good luck and I hope you keep well.
you can get ridges such as these from a lack of iron in your diet. Maybe your diet is being too strict. I have never heard of anyone having a heart or lung problems that manifested itself only with symptoms in the nail bed.
maybe the 'panic attacks' were actually probs with your heart. call the NHS direct, it sounds scary.
Your hair and nails are usually a indicator of how good your health is. If you notice a change, it could be a sign that there is something wrong. It can be as simple as a lack of a certain vitamin or mineral, or an illness. I just went through the same thing when i noticed my nails peeling off in layers, so i went and got blood work done, and found out i have a illness. Sorry, not trying to scare you, but if i were you, i would at least get some blood work done if you are that worried. Good luck and feel better :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment