Friday, May 14, 2010

How do I stop biting my finger nails?

Am 28 now, yet one bad habit that I have carried since my school days is biting my finger nails. Biting for so long has really disfigured my fingers and I just cant stop it? Please suggest remedies to stop this habit? Also will my finger nails come to normal position once I stop biting?How do I stop biting my finger nails?
Awe I had the habit for 6 years until I tried this STOP! nail polish from London Drugs/Shoppers drug mart





It's not something that helps, it literally stops you. It tastes so bad you can't bite your nails.





Try it you will LOVE it :)How do I stop biting my finger nails?
Start applying some vaseline to ur nails, which u don't like to consume in or the taste u don't like.*
tryin chewing gum. or just put ur mind to it!! try n u knw u can do it.
A lot of people wonder how they can stop biting their nails. There are a few tricks you can use to stop nail-biting.





A. Unless you want to go the hypnosis route, which some people swear by, you do have a couple options other than sheer willpower. One is to apply the very disgusting (and therefore, highly successful) nail biting cream like Control It!), which you paint onto your nails. It tastes so bitter you won鈥檛 dare bite them. A new product on the market which doesn't taste any better, but is definitely worth trying is Jessica 'Nibble No More,' a no-nail-biting polish with bitter cactus extract as its secret ingredient ($5 at jessicacosmetics.com).





Another option is to keep your nails painted. My friend Lisa swears a pricey manicure keeps her biting at bay %26amp; she suggests the brighter the color the better.





Read more about Control It! at this handy Website we found: stopbitingnails.com
i also have the same problem and im still not over it but something ive tried is to get someone your around a lot to slap your hand around everytime it happens but it doesnt quite help me. maybe it will for you but good luck anyway.. ill be reading your answers for suggestions lol!
Apply neem oil or transparent nail polish
I use to have that bad habit and cracking my fingers. One thing that made me stop was getting my nails done. It was too pretty to be bitten off. Good luck w/ that habit though.
put a little tobasco under your nails. never tried it, but it might work. or just taste bad.
Try putting hot sauce or vinegar on your fingernails. Or maybe you should try chewing gum.
chew gum!


actually, i'm kind of ';addicted'; to the ';biting motion'; in my mouth


and when i dont have gum in my mouth, i either have food, or i'm biting my nails..


soo its not really any better


but i mean, it gets the saliva going


and sugar free is good for your teeth.. i think?


and plus if you chew gum it'll distract you from your nails, and gum with nails? you woulndt do it anyways.


i suggest TRIDENT TROPICAL TWIST


its the best.
Either dip your fingers in Acetone or you can put some type of spicy chile so if you even try it you'll be instantly repulsed by the flavor. Good Luck!
ask people around you to remind you whenever u bite yr nails.


worked for a bad habit of mine.
go to a salon and get a good manicure done.. once you've done tat apply nail enamel and their good look will obviously void u from bitin them... keep pampering your nails with regular manicure and they'll look dainty and not disastrous..
A. Unless you want to go the hypnosis route, which some people swear by, you do have a couple options other than sheer willpower. One is to apply the very disgusting (and therefore, highly successful) nail biting cream like Control It!), which you paint onto your nails. It tastes so bitter you won鈥檛 dare bite them. A new product on the market which doesn't taste any better, but is definitely worth trying is Jessica 'Nibble No More,' a no-nail-biting polish with bitter cactus extract as its secret ingredient ($5 at jessicacosmetics.com).





Another option is to keep your nails painted. My friend Lisa swears a pricey manicure keeps her biting at bay %26amp; she suggests the brighter the color the better.


also have the same problem and im still not over it but something ive tried is to get someone your around a lot to slap your hand around everytime it happens but it doesnt quite help me. maybe it will for you but good luck anyway.. ill be reading your answers for suggestions .....


Either dip your fingers in Acetone or you can put some type of spicy chile so if you even try it you'll be instantly repulsed by the flavor....tryin chewing gum. or just put ur mind to it!! try n u knw u can do it......
get acrylics it helped me stop biting and my nails are long and beatiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment