Friday, May 14, 2010

Women; do you have half moons on your finger nails? are you pregnant? ever been pregnant?

i read in the book uncommon cures for the everyday aliments that women who do not posses moons are quite possible abloe to have children....ahhhhhhhhhhWomen; do you have half moons on your finger nails? are you pregnant? ever been pregnant?
Your half moon is called your lunula and it's definatley an old wifes tale.





Your nail is made up of many things your matrix being one of them and thats found under the skin just behind the cuticle this is where your nail cells are produced and they are a white opaque colour, here they get flattened and are then pushed out to form the nail plate as they are pushed out they go translucent.


Sometimes though they don't flatten properly and so they stay the opaque white colour and so when pushed out onto the nail you get your half moon (lunula) it doesnt mean anything if you've got them or you havent it's just un-flattened nail cells





Hope that helps youWomen; do you have half moons on your finger nails? are you pregnant? ever been pregnant?
I don't have half moons and on the first attempt to get pregnant I did! I now have a 4 month old daughter ;-)
i do, and i'm pregnant. i've never heard that before. i think it's just an old wive's tale.
I have half moons and I have been pregnant but I miscarried. This is very strange, I have never heard of this before I will have to look into it.
I have never heard this before. I have half moons and so far have been unable to concieve, may not be able.( PCOS) I will research and try to get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment