Monday, May 10, 2010

Help bite My finger Nails?

Help!!! I bite my fingers tell they bleed- It hurts and it is very unattractive. I have to hid my hands and can't shake hands cuz they will see them. I need another habit that isn't so gross. I can't help it when I get bored or scared I bite my fingers. I quit for a while but then I started up again, I heard about putting band aids on my hands but, People will think I am strange. I need Help. A new habit a remedy......I tried that stuff you put on your fingers that taste bad....I still BITE them any ways, Some one help....I want to be able to have nails to get them done again.


Thanxs


JozzeeHelp bite My finger Nails?
It just takes constant willpower to stop biting your nails. You need to be aware of each time that you feel like biting your nails, and figure out in that situation something else you can do instead. For example, each time that you feel like biting your nails, take out a nail file and just gently smooth the edge of the nail, and the urge will pass. Also, make sure you are using hand lotion after each time you wash your hands, which will keep your hands and nails moisturized. You should generally keep your nail edges filed smooth, so that there are no little bits that are tempting to start to bite, and there are no rough parts that will snag on things or break off. After a couple of days you will start to see the difference in the health of your nails, and then you just have to keep at it every day. After about 2 months of not biting your nails, that actually becomes your new habit, and you just have to stay on top of those situations where you want to go back to the comfort of the habit of biting and keep dealing with it.Help bite My finger Nails?
You have an obsessive-compulsive disorder and it may respond only to medication. You might try telling your doctor about this to see if he can prescribe something.





It is just a habit, so you have to want to change also, obviously you don't. I realize that a compulsion can make it seem impossible to think about anything else, so you have to take your mind off the stress that causes you to bite your nails. Replacing a compulsion with another obsessive habit, doesn't do much to change mind-set does it?


Pick a day to stop, circle it on the calendar, and get a manicure (if you have any nails) so you will be less tempted to bite. Then whenever you find yourself wanting to bite, place your hands under your legs and sit on them, while repeating a mantra over and over again aloud or in your mind. Something like ';I am calm, I feel secure.';


Good luck.
here's a neat trick, i have a friend who has a horse and she does whatever for him, i saw her braid his tail and her fingers were in too far for my liking to get the hair and make the braid a nice an tidy as possible, she did a great job, but the thought of where her fingers had been was far too much for me, so as you're a dog lover imagine something similar with your fingers, i bet biting them would be totally gross after that


I cant say i'd share any food with her no mater how bathed she was after what i saw
I did the same thing.. try putting a nasty tasting lotion over them. But if your biting them till their bloody I would get it checked out because it could be signs of a mental disorder. Not that you are mentally ill but maybe you have something like a compulsive disorder or something.
1. http://www.stopbitingnails.com/


^i used to bite my nails. this stuff will make you NOT want to bite anymore. my nails are long and healthy now!





2. http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Biting-Your-鈥?/a>


^that website has great tips!





HOPE THIS HELPS (:
I have the SAME problem...


what i did was every time my hand id in my mouth as i am about to bite my nails i would get it out and cross my hands..


it really works!!


if u need another habit...


mmm...


if u wear glasses play with them [ my frend does that]


or curl ur hair or something
paint your nails so they look nice you wont want to bite them, then put strengenr on them, then a layer of tht stuff tht tastes bad, if theyre stong and growing theyre less likley to break so u wont want to ';just pull this loose bit off with your teeth'; kinda thing..thts how i stoped
get fake nails (they're harder to chew plus it allows your real nails to grow!)....then coat them with the stuff that taste terrible.....also what helped me from chewing my nails is everytime i got nervous id pop gum into my mouth which gave me something to chew on still but its not a terrible habit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment