Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I clean the grout and tile that I spilt finger nail polish on?? Oh and my cabinets?? It is a mess.?

On the tile surface you can scrape it off with a fingernail or a Popsicle stick. If it ran onto the grout you might need to get a grout saw (looks like single edge razor blade with a coating of carbide on its cutting edge - about $2). You can scrape the surface of the grout with that. If you end up going deep you might need to get a small can of premixed grout in a matching color and smear it on as per the can's directions.How can I clean the grout and tile that I spilt finger nail polish on?? Oh and my cabinets?? It is a mess.?
Quick solution - nail polish remover! Use a cotton ball or swap just like you would removing polish from your nails, and have another ball or swap of water standing by to 'rinse' after you've washed. Definitely try test spots in semi-hidden spaces to be sure you won't bleach out the wood or grout. If the cabinets a particle board you might have a little bleaching (especially if you rub a lot) - try dabbing with a swab and wiping with a damp rag in this area if that is the case. Best of luck!How can I clean the grout and tile that I spilt finger nail polish on?? Oh and my cabinets?? It is a mess.?
If you spilled the polish in the grout lines, it has most likely seeped into the grout. Grout is extremely porous. You might try qvc.com Look for Item # V25711 grout and tile cleaner and sealant. For the cabinet try #V25942 Miracle Finish





I hope this helps. I know how disappointing those nail polish accidents can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment