Saturday, January 23, 2010

What causes those white marks that sometimes appear on the finger nail?

White marks on the fingernails are called Leukonychia. The majority of them are caused by minor injuries to the forming nail under the skin. Even a relatively minor bump can leave a mark that stays with the nail until it grows out.





If you have a large number of white marks persistently for months, you MAY have a zinc deficiency. See your doctor for a checkup and be sure to ask.What causes those white marks that sometimes appear on the finger nail?
It's funny because when I was a little boy they used to tell us that those white marks were caused because of telling lies.


I don't know how long I believed it, but I thought I was a bad boy. I grew up in South America. Now once in a while when I see them on my fingernails I cannot stop but thinking of 'what lie did I tell?' , even to this day.What causes those white marks that sometimes appear on the finger nail?
I've been told it's from a lack of vitamin c or calcium found in fish. My mum always makes me eat fish if i ever get them and they go away
Little white marks (leukonychia) often appear after minor injuries. (Example: accidentally bumping your hand into something). They may last for weeks or months and usually go away on their own. I've had them and actually have some now. They're normal. We're all bound to get them with normal use of our hands. The chance of developing them increases the more we use our hands (or even simply getting into too much of a hurry).
I heard that it means you're lacking nutrition.
The ones that form at the bottom and eventually 'grow' their way up? I've always heard that it's an iron or zinc deficiency.
I've noticed that my nails tend to get white marks after I have slammed my fingers into something. Also, most healthy people's nails turn white at the tips when they have been cut, which indicates that a cut or injury to the nail will turn it white.
Lack of calcium

No comments:

Post a Comment