Saturday, January 23, 2010

Short finger nails, will they stay this way forever?

I always had finger nails that are wider than longer. They are fairly short, about 1/4 inch long and 1/2 inch wide. I don't like the look of my nails and I get envious of other people with regular looking nails. I know this is my own doing and it has been a habit since I was really young [about 5-6 years of age], and I still bite my nails even though I don't like the look - this habit is just ingrained in my head and it has a strong correlation with stress/anxiety. I find myself prying off little bites of my finger nails whenever I work on something that worries me [like bidding on eBay].





If I never bite my nails again [though I doubt this will happen], could it be possible that they will ever look like the average person's nails [like one that didn't bite them all the time]?Short finger nails, will they stay this way forever?
I feel your pain, I started to bite my nails as soon as my teeth came in. It was so hard but at 21 I stopped biting, every-time I wanted to bite I just thought about how much easier life would be if I wasn't always hiding my hands so no one could spot my nails. My nails looked horrible, I bit way passed the nail bed, they grew in deformed and strange. So I went and got myself a manicure it worked they looked great. Let them grow! You will be so much happier, and if they look bad get a manicure. In-fact if you get a manicure now they will take off any jagged edges that trigger you to start biting, also a stress ball works wonders when you are bidding on eBay lol.Short finger nails, will they stay this way forever?
You will never know until you stop eating your fingers and learn to see if they will. Why don't you distract yourself with something so you don't chew your nails.


Chew gum, or find something else you can do to limit your finger-gnawing act. And keep in mind how nice your hands will look if you stopped. And have you ever seen someone chew their fingers, its quite ridiculous, so keep in mind the image you portray of yourself to others.
im pretty sure that they'll grow back normal. but theres this special clear fingernail polish that makes them grow and everytime you bite your nails youll taste the polish and then youll just stop bitting after a while. it worked for me. you might wanna give it a shot. =]]
if u dont stop bitting them

No comments:

Post a Comment