Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I sliced through my finger nail. Do I have to worry about infection?

The other night I sliced through my fingernail and into the skin with a bread knife. It does not hurt much anymore except if I push on the nail. It looks like I won't lose the nail. I am not able to clean well under the skin though. Any suggestions?I sliced through my finger nail. Do I have to worry about infection?
Regularly bathe it in salt water (around 1 tsp of salt to 1 cup of warm water). Soak your finger in it and clean as best you can over the nail with some cotton wool soaked with the water. After each time you clean it, apply some Savlon or other healing cream, and cover with a bandaid to prevent it becoming infected. After a couple of days, just apply the cream and leave the bandaid off to allow the air to get to it and help heal it. If you notice it starts to weep or gets very sore or red, go to the doctors office as it could be infected, so keep an eye on it, you dont want it to have to be lanced!





Mac.I sliced through my finger nail. Do I have to worry about infection?
try to pour some peroxide stuff down the nail. that might clean it out. you probably dont have to worry about infection but just be aware of it. if it starts to look red and goopy then you have a problem
Just feel normal, will be okay after 2/3 days.
HAVE IT CHECKED OUT ASAP

No comments:

Post a Comment