Thursday, January 21, 2010

My newborns finger nails? ?

my baby was born at 38 weeks and since he was ';premature'; he was born with out finger nails ... when can i expect them to come in?My newborns finger nails? ?
Interesting, when my son was born, 41weeks 2days, his fingernails were red, they went to pink a few days later, but i am sure they will grow in, but maybe take pics of them to keep track, its an interesting part of ur baby's beginnings that u might want to look back at in a few years.My newborns finger nails? ?
38 weeks is not usually considered premature; my dd is 3mos and her nails are thin and sharp! they have been that way since birth and she was full term....u can try to find smaller mittens 2 keep him from scratching, if you can't we used to put some of those kinda long nborn socks on her hands and roll them all the way up the arm as far as they will go; takes them longer 2 get them off and she usually slept all night without getting them off.....hth, gl
once a baby reaches 37 weeks maturity they aren't considered premature, so I'm not so sure that's the reason.





i would ask your doctor about them, and see what he says.
you should talk to your community health/child health nurse or midwife about it. All three of my babies were born at 38 weeks and they all had fingernails

No comments:

Post a Comment