Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fixing skin by finger nails?

i duno why but the skin on the sides of my finger nails is ';tearing'; and it really hurts... does ordinary lotion fix it





tyFixing skin by finger nails?
The skin around your fingernails are considered your cuticle, it's very common for this skin to be tough and tear. Ordinary lotion may fix it if you moisturize numerous times throughout the day however the best product I've ever used is the Sally Hansen Intensive cuticle cream (I can't remember the exact name of it off the top of my head but it comes in a silver pot, the stuff in the orange pot didn't help at all). Applying the cream every night before bed healed my cuticles right up. Good luck! :-)Fixing skin by finger nails?
I have the same problem. There is a cream for cutical and dry skin removal. It is make from Almond Oil which is very good for your skin. It may say cuticlal remover only but it works on hang nails too.





There is another cream called crack cream and it is made to mend dry cracked skin.
I would recommend a thicker lotion. Even better would be cuticle cream. As it gets warmer and dryer out, that part of your fingers will tend to tear and crack due to dryness. Use the cuticle cream after you wash your hands and a couple more times through out the day... you'll notice a big difference before you know it... And you can get it at walmart in the nail polish area for under $5
Hangnails. Sucks when that happens. I heard its caused by dry skin around the nails. Yes lotion or some Vaseline should help. I try not to pull at it, but I just take some toe-nail clippers and clip it off to the base so it won't annoy me and tempt me to pull at it more.
oooooh, good question! i have the same problem! i bite mine off though!bad habit! i find that regular lotion does work if you put it on regularily after washing. also cuticle oil really helps too, or olive oil, whichever you have at hand!
An antibiotic ointment would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment